Sunday, December 20, 2009

What will happen if I put dry clean only trousers in my washing machine?

I have a job interview tomorrow, really need them cleaned, all dry clean places are closed.. Will they be okay if i give them a quick wash in my machine or hand wash them?





They're like 99% polyster i thinkWhat will happen if I put dry clean only trousers in my washing machine?
Use you dryer, There's a product called Dryel (sheets) that you put in the dryer with your garment.What will happen if I put dry clean only trousers in my washing machine?
I wash dry-clean only clothes all the time. A lot of times companies put that label on items to cover themselves from returns of people who improperly laundered their clothing. I would hand-wash the pants in cool water with a detergent meant for hand-laundering (wool-lite makes some great detergents for this) and then shape the pants according to any pleats or iron lines and allow to air dry. This is the gentlest way to wash anything.





OR





If the pants aren't ';dirty'; but just need freshened, you can put them in a ziploc bag in the freezer overnight.
They'll be fine as long as you don't wash them in there. Once you get them wet and the machine starts going, then you're screwed.





Just tumble dry them on low with a dryer sheet for a few minutes.
Cool wash, gentle spin and stick them outside on the line to dry - coolish iron. I wash everything - dry clean labels are a con in 99% of cases!
^^^Great tip Sal, I didn't know that.
PLEASE DON'T DO IT...I ruined my hubbys pants this way, use dryel

No comments:

Post a Comment