Sunday, December 20, 2009

Hard water spots and streaks on glass. Who knows how to prevent this or even clean the glasses after washing?

I use Electrasol with Jet-Dry and Cascade Crystal Clear. I'm learning a lot from you guys, so please help me with this!Hard water spots and streaks on glass. Who knows how to prevent this or even clean the glasses after washing?
To clean the glass afterward, simply soak them in white vinegar and water. If it is indeed hard water or mineral deposits, the vinegar will make it disappear. If they remain, the glass is permanently etched and it will not come off the surface. To keep your dishwasher clean, fill the soap dispenser with baking soda, dump a cup of vinegar into the bottom of the washer, run on the longest cycle with air dry. This removes accumulated grease, food and mineral particles from the racks, sides and silverware holder. I have a water softener system that works on potassium and we still hand wash most of our glassware because I've etched too many pieces in the dishwasher.Hard water spots and streaks on glass. Who knows how to prevent this or even clean the glasses after washing?
Do you have hard water? That could be the problem. If you have a water softener that would help. Also wants in a while run some vinegar in your dishwasher to get the the soap residue off from the inside of your dishwasher.
I use Lemi Shine. You can find it at Walmart by all the Jet-Dry and stuff. But yea i tried all of that stuff to and it didn't work me me either. But this stuff works and it helps clean your dishwasher. I use it now once a week and our glasses SHINE!
after running them through the dishwasher.. let them cool down.. not dry all the way and dry them with news paper.. it works with windows.. why not glass :) good luck!!
I suggest you get a a water softener or add a salt crystal to your wash water that will dissolve during the course of the washing period of your machine.





Hard water is a b itch. I know. I live in Southern California and dishwashers don't like hard water. Neither does my shower, countertops, skin, clothes, etc... Eeechh. It makes a mess of everything.

No comments:

Post a Comment