Sunday, December 20, 2009

Is there a device to clean up the washing machine water so it can be re-utilized in my orchard?

I think you can buy DIY filtration kits from B %26amp; Q. Use Ecover to be sure, and away you go! My friend's husband built her one using lavendar as a filter, but I wouldn't have a clue how he did it!Is there a device to clean up the washing machine water so it can be re-utilized in my orchard?
There are filtration systems that can be used for such a purpose. I understand they can be quite expensive- But they're there: I saw one demonstrated recently on a television show that featured a house that had been built specifically to be eco-friendly.





Good luck!Is there a device to clean up the washing machine water so it can be re-utilized in my orchard?
I live in the country and have a septic tank. We diverted all our ';gray water'; out to the garden (shower, sink, washing machine).


Just read the clothes soap box to make sure it's environment safe and don't use bleach and you should be ok without having to put any kind of equipment on the line to clean it. One good thing is that I can through seeds down where the water comes and and they sure love it. Once they get started I can transplant them.
dont use phosphate laundry detergent. there are bio safe detergents you can use and then the water is fine for the garden.
yes send it down the pipes to the water treatment facility . or start cleaning your clothes in fertilizer .
The only safe way to remove the detergent, which is dissolved in the water, is by distillation.





Rather than go for this difficult method, if you want to recycle the water I would use it for something like washing the car.

No comments:

Post a Comment