Sunday, December 20, 2009

What can I use to clean my daughter's stinky running shoes without washing them?

I forbade her from wearing the olifactory offensive footwear only on the condition that they not be put through the washer. So, I gave her some story about using ';the dry method';.





ThanksWhat can I use to clean my daughter's stinky running shoes without washing them?
Buy a can of Tinactin. It's a foot powder in a spray %26amp; it gives the inside of the most funky smelling shoes, a nice smell.What can I use to clean my daughter's stinky running shoes without washing them?
To clean the outside, try some 409, Windex, soapy water (I like Dawn) or other such product and a tooth brush on the soft surfaces. On the rubbery parts, try a Mr. Clean Magic Eraser. They're amazing. They work fast and well. For the insides, sprinkle baking soda or Borax all inside the shoe and let set overnight. The next day, take them outside and smack the soles together to get rid of loose powder. Have your daughter wash her feet more often and make sure she doesn't re-wear dirty socks. There are even (expensive) socks now that have silver fibers woven into them. The silver is a natural antimicrobial agent and rids the stinky foot smell.
I just had to pack my pair of sandals in baking soda to remove the stink. I left them for 48 hours. Running shoes can receive the same treatment.....brushing out will be tougher, but from now on she'll need to use foot powder or sprays.





Why not wash them?? Even scrubbing them at the sink with a brush and soapy water and drying in sunshine is fine.





I highly suggest getting new insoles whatever you do. Those old ones get skanky.
Kiwi fresh force shoe refreshener. Also baking soda but it discolors so quickly. But Kiwi is very effective-I go to the gym I do not like what happens to my very expensive sneakers go to an upper class shoe store they should have it, Kiwi saved me from embarrassment and shame.
you can get spray in shoe deoderisers


or just get her a new pair


make sure she always wear socks as that reduces the smell too (once you get the smell out)
I haven't tried it myself but apparently sprinkling bicarbonate of soda inside shoes can eradicate bad smells, could be worth a try?
dr. scholls powder, it's in a yellow and blue bottle. i use it in my sons shoes, it works great

No comments:

Post a Comment