Thursday, January 7, 2010

I do everything for my spouse, I cook every night, I wash there clothes, I help clean the house.?

I support my spouse in everything they do, I am there to listen, and give advice. I dont come home late, I dont go out. Only with my cousin and thats to the movies, or sports. Which is rare, because someone gets upset at any fun I have without them. We have great times, when times are good. But when they get bad. There is no communication. What advice. We both have a relationship with God. we go to church, her father is the Pastor. I do want her to cook and clean. But she says im tired I go to work, We both work full time. In our mid 20's. Married 10 mos, together 3 yrs. I kinda got married because one, I was tired of sinning. And two she said she would help out more and lose weight, knowing it was forever.. Well nothing has changed. I was raised by my mom. So i know how to treat a women, and clean and cook. But I dont want this. She is 5 yrs Older.





Thanks for the Advice.


GBI do everything for my spouse, I cook every night, I wash there clothes, I help clean the house.?
In the age we live in both husband and wife work and both cook and clean. You might work it our where you cook and she cleans. You might both do your own laundry. Sit down and discuss who's going to do what. Everyone should carry his/her share of the load.I do everything for my spouse, I cook every night, I wash there clothes, I help clean the house.?
if you both go to church and her dad is the pastor then why don't you both talk to him unless you believe he will side with her of course,if you love her and want to stay married to her then you need to get help other wise this will consume you like fire you need to fill like a husband not a maid


good luck to you and Gb
why do you need a woman, you are practically a woman yourself
What you needed was counseling before you got married. With out communication nothing can be solved. Sounds like you both need an outside counselor.
You need to do a couple things. First of all, maybe building up some more trust might let you go out more. Start coming home exactly on time and calling if something happens. Always be open about what's going on, give her more info then she asks for. Or you may need to talk to her about her trust issues.





You also need to have a talk with her about sharing the chores. Be understanding, but firm and don't act like you do eveything (even if its true, she may get insulted and you may lose the oppurtunity for her to help at all). Say something like ';I know you're tired when you get home from work, but I am too and I need you to help with my chores. If we split them up we'll be doing less work and we'll accomplish more.'; Split them up as fairly as possible, giving each person an equal amount of work, and try to pick based on what you each like to do or don't mind doing.





For instance, maybe she likes cooking more then you, or maybe you need to find meals that are easier to make (boxed meals or simple baked chicken kind of stuff) that you can make together or one person can make in a short amount of time.





Also, don't press her to lose weight. Guys are jerks about that stuff. Don't EVER tell her she needs to lose weight - let her be the one to say it. Just be supportive, don't buy tempting foods and eat diet food with her (get your fill of bad stuff at work or something). You may have to ';lose weight'; with her, by eating the same foods and excercising with her. You could probably lose a few anyways (almost everyone does lol).





If this doesn't help. Seek out some counseling - don't go to her dad the priest he isn't impartial and he shouldn't know your business. Try an impartial person to mediate or a marriage counselor. This will work between you, but you need to have constructive talks without judging or getting angry.


Best of luck.
Getting married because you are tired of ';sinning'; is no reason to get married. I suppose you know this by now.





People do not develop cleaning habits as adults (usually). Cleaning habits are like any other habit...it is learned as a person ages. Learned behavior sticks. She isn't going to clean if you are around to do it for her. She isn't going to lose weight, she has no reason to. She is married now and that is ';forever';. You have to love her regardless, why should she bother?





If her father is the pastor that is a particularly nasty situation to be embroiled in. You deserve to have good clean fun with whoever you choose to be friends with. Insecurity has no place in a marriage. Here is where trust comes in.





You don't sound happy. People either grow together or they grow apart. There is NO shame in growing apart and there is NO shame in making mistakes..even when they are big, life changing mistakes. God knows that we all make mistakes, that is why Jesus was sent to die on the cross...to help remind us that the mistakes that we made were forgiven and absolved before we ever even made them. If this marriage isn't right for you and you are miserable, God knows about it. He has a plan for all of us and sometimes we don't see that plan because things are in our path blocking our view. The woman God may have in mind for you may not be your current wife. God doesn't want us to suffer and be miserable. He doesn't want us to feel pushed down or walked over. He wants us to be strong and happy. Find your way to be strong and happy be that in a marriage or in a divorce.





If you are not in love with the woman no amount of counseling is going to ';fix'; that. Listen to your heart. God gave it to you for a reason. He uses our hearts to guide us. It sounds to me like your wife has some things to learn about give and take and she isn't going to learn them if you continue to carry all the weight. Best of luck to you. :)
I mean no harm but your wife is lazy. First you all have a communication problem that you need to straighten out. Once you do that you need to sit down and talk and comes to a common territory. You need to find someone to talk to in this case not your pastor since he is your father-in-law. He maybe a little bias since that wld be his little girl. Second, I think she kinda told you what she know you wanted to hear to get you to marry her. Second prayer is a wonderful and powerful thing. The old saying goes '; A FAMILY THAT PRAYS TOGETHER STAYS TOGETHER.


Have a wonderful day!
well i am sorry you are going though this. but it's should be equal. you do work too. you should tell her that. tell her she need to change and do stuff for you. or you guys can cook together. it's fun to do that. but you need to have a serious talk with her and put your foot down. if she doesnt want to change then move on. you dont need that stuff in your life. good luck and i hope this help.
Leave.If it is one sided then leave.
You, my dear, are one in a million! Any women would be blessed to be married to you. Keep your faith and the lord will lead you.If you did divorce you wouldn't be alone for long.

No comments:

Post a Comment