Thursday, January 7, 2010

Can I wash the floor with vanish to clean and remove odor from dog urine?

I have a puppy at home that I'm still housebreaking; therefore, there are still some accidents in the room where she stays. Mostly during the night and in the few moments I'm not in the room with her (since I've been watching her almost 24hs to ';train'; her). I've been cleaning the floor with water, baking soda and a little vinegar. But that doesn't seem to be totally removing the odour, so she keeps going back to some spots. I am currently living abroad, and unfortunately, here, wasn't able to find any products with enzymes to clean it (such as Urine Gone or othes). So, I've been searching the web for homemade solutions/formulas, and some of them seem to contain hydrogen peroxide (H2O2), which also seems to be the ingredient of the laundry product vanish. I take her out of the room for a couple of hours every time I clean it. And only bring her back after all is well rinsed, dried and while cleaning, I leave this room well ventilated. Should/Can I mix vanish with water to clean the floors? Would it help to remove the odour more effectively? I have marble floors, which I know should be washed only with plain water. But in this room, honestly, I don't care so much if there are some stains in the marble. Became her place, and it'll be. But I also would prefer to not complete destroy the marble. So, how bad is hydrogen peroxide, for marble? but will it help with the urine/poop odour? Sorry, very long and many questions in one...Can I wash the floor with vanish to clean and remove odor from dog urine?
The best thing for now is Soap and water, anything with Acid will only eat the Marble. I would suggest putting vinegar into a pail with warm soapy water. Vinegar will rid the smell preventing the puppy from going back to the same spot over and over again.Can I wash the floor with vanish to clean and remove odor from dog urine?
Hydrogen peroxide is in normal household bleach, it will get rid of the smell, and sanitise the floor.





Plus it is cheaper and easier to get hold of.
Go to the pet store and buy a good quality odour neutralizer! Don't use any of the stuff you have mentioned because it will not neutralize the smell and you dog will still go to that spot.
You don't need to buy expensive, special products. A simple bleach solution will kill bacteria and remove the odour. Good luck - and enjoy your new friend!
If you can find it in the shop, use ';Jeyes Fluid'; it is mixed with water and a very strong disinfectant.
No. You will ruin the finish on your floor. There is a product called Nok-Out that gets rid of the worst odors. Google it.
try zoflora
If you have a soda syphon handy a quick spray with that neutralises the uric acid in urine.


Have you tried the ';Neutradol'; range of deodorisers?


The other possibility, if you have a Nursing Home close to where you are is to pop in and ask what products they use; I'm afraid that older and sick patients often have continence problems and this can be a real headache in the nursing situation
  • tvs
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment