Thursday, January 7, 2010

What if i washed my ';dry clean recommended'; lace & cotton tank in the washing machine?

More than likely nothing will happen. Did you know that dry cleans soak dry clean only clothes. THe difference is that they use a chemical soultion instead of water. I machine wash everything that is dry cleanand have never ruined anything in 10 years. I use dreft on a cold gentle wash cycle, i do not let silks, cashmere or wool clothes spinout (it causes them to be mishapen. I had wring by folding flat on a clean white towel. Then roll in towel and press dry. I husuallyhit in dryer on low for 5-8 minutes then i hang on hanger if possible otherwise, i use a sweater drying rack. Dryel works great if it just needs a pick me up. Badly stained items I usually send to cleaners. or very decorative (buttons, sequins)What if i washed my ';dry clean recommended'; lace %26amp; cotton tank in the washing machine?
Thank you for asking that question because I needed to know also.


Some of the answers are very informative. Again Thanks!What if i washed my ';dry clean recommended'; lace %26amp; cotton tank in the washing machine?
It will more than likely shrink and go out of shape. You are better off to handwash it gently and then lay it on a flat surface in the shade.
heres my suggestion....get Woolite and hand wash the tank and hang it up to air dry
Dont, unless you want to ruin it. It will be limp and dull.
washing isn't bad...it's the drying that does the real damage....wash in the machine on gentle...with a mild detergent...and if your dryer has an 'air only' cycle...try that...otherwise you will have to air dry them naturally...just like we had to with woolens.

No comments:

Post a Comment