Thursday, January 7, 2010

How often should you get a leather jacket cleaned/washed?

I only wear it in the winter, and have had it for about 4yrs, it still smells like what it smelt like when I first got it.How often should you get a leather jacket cleaned/washed?
Wipe off any soiling as it happens or as soon as you can. The is absolutely no need to arbitraraly clean leather if it is not soiled, and you have more chance of doing harm than good with the number of leaners that are improperly pH balance for garment grade leather, or home remedy solutions that are as bad or worse ( just about everyone seems to suggest saddle soap and it is terrible to use on anything but saddlery grade leather) A Cleaner who doesnt know what he is doing can damge and stiffen jackets.


Leather only needs to be conditioned when it is not soiled. Lexol is one product, or we have our own that we make http://www.advleather.com ( we make cleaners and I'm telling you you dont have to clean, so I'm not trying to get business, just help)


Best wishes


DavidHow often should you get a leather jacket cleaned/washed?
ive always washed ours when ever they need it. and even then its just in small areas. but i agree with the first guy...once a year would be good. as long as they are pros and have what is needed to clean it.
I've heard that for average wear, once a year is good. And I take mine to my cleaners, but I made sure they were euipped to handle real leather. No problems out of mine!

1 comment:

  1. I like to wear leather jacket and also like to ride my bike. I faced many problems several times to remove stains, stinky and bad odds. But this Leather-Clean works nice.

    ReplyDelete