Thursday, January 7, 2010

My washing machine keeps leaving black marks on my clothes. How do I clean my machine?

try filling your machine with water (HOT) and about two cups of bleach. Run it through a cycle. Also, look down on the wringer, you may have a part come loose . ONLY check this when the machine is NOT running. Mine did this and then just quit doing it. Something may be in your washer, check all the wash tub around the edges ,under the rim etc. GOOD LUCK!My washing machine keeps leaving black marks on my clothes. How do I clean my machine?
MY MOTHERINLAWS IS DOING THE SAME. wHEN IT STARTS TO DO THAT, YOU WILL PROBABLY NEED TO INVEST IN ANOTHER ONE-b/C IF U DONT, THEN IT WILL PROLLY COST ALOT TO FIX/My washing machine keeps leaving black marks on my clothes. How do I clean my machine?
I had that problem too! It was awful! All my clothes were ruined but it was in the dryer. The wheels on the drum one was broken aand one was loose- My husband took apart teh drum- replaced the wheels and the dryer no longer left the black marks( which you cannot get out of clothes- So your drum is loose in the washing machine.
Mine did that a few years ago... there is a greased fitting under the agitator that allows it to spin freely. The nut that holds the agitator in place slipped off and that caused the agitator (the white part in the middle of the drum) to raise slightly and expose that grease. As the drum turned my clothes wrapped around it and got stained. This is how I fixed it...





1. UNPLUG IT!!! Might be an overkill, but better safe than sorry!


2. remove the front panel (each model is different, but mine had some screws on the bottom edge)


3. find the missing nut


4. put some ';Lock tight'; (available at any hardware store) on it and replace the nut





It only took about 15 minutes and it was a hell of a lot cheaper than getting a new machine!
  • tvs
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment