Thursday, January 7, 2010

My kitten had diarrhea for a day and I need to know how to clean her.I washed her but it doesn't come out.

My kitten had diarrhea all down her butt and legs. I washed her backend with human shampoo . But she has long hair and now it is clumped together.


She is over the diarrhea .I can't find cat shampoo. I can't brush or comb her hair back the way it was.I washed her again thinking maybe I left shampoo in her hair but it didn't help. She still might have poo in her hair , Her hair is light brown so I can' tell. What lse can I use to clean her.My kitten had diarrhea for a day and I need to know how to clean her.I washed her but it doesn't come out.
you can probally find cat shampoo at your local pet store or places like wal-mart, or k-mart should carry it..wash her again with cat shampoo in warm water leave the lather on for about 5 minutes or as long as possbile ( It isn't easy bathing a cat). and rince from the head back so that when you rince the back end it won't get on the rest of her body, avoid using human bathing products on animals..they have very sentive skin and their hair will look poor also. at a last resort (i know it sounds funny but trust me) you could spray a little shaving cream on the spots where she has had diarrhea in her hair and massage the hair like you were using shampoo and rince it clean..I am unsure why but this usually works....usually the far fetched ideas work the best...


good luckMy kitten had diarrhea for a day and I need to know how to clean her.I washed her but it doesn't come out.
The problem with human shampoos is that they strip out the oils in cat's fur and leave it matted and 'icky' looking. A few days of leaving it alone and it will get back to it's normal look. Believe me, she will groom it until she likes it.





Best way to to trim her fur if you want to- there is a trick to it unless you have electric clippers-


You want to comb into her hair, under the matts and leave the comb there- and trip on top of the comb- that way the comb protects her skin- cat skin picks up easy and gets tagged by scissoring allot.





Also, a slicker brush may get all the tangles and poo out. Look at the pet store.





When you are done, aloe baby wipes are really good for cleaning kitten rears.
Use a small amount of conditioner, and be sure to rinse well.





I've always been able to get my cat clean with soap and warm water. But she grumbles while I do it.
Try using Palolive dish soap and a fine tooth comb. That should do it! If not you should just trim her hair and you could always keep it trim around her butt so you dont have this problem in the future.
If you have already tried shampooing her and can't get it all out I would suggest giving her a trimback there and it would not take long for the new hair to grow.Thats what I would do.
Dr. Bronner's peppermint soap. Or trim the hair on her backend.
Baby wipes work great and it won't be too harsh for the kitten's skin. I have two adult cats and I clean them with a wipe once per month or so and they both love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment